How much of the world have you actually seen? There is so much to discover out there in the world but most of us only get to see a very small part of it. There is lots of different excuses why you can’t travel the globe like work, kids, money etc.
Right now Im telling you to put all the aside and make a decision to take a life chaning trip! Life is to short to miss out on it. And for our furry little friends its even shorter. So go on a trip that you and your canine will never forget!
Before you decide to take your dog along on your vacation lets go over a few tips to make it more enjoyable for you and your dog.
Health & Safety
Before you go on an extended trip make sure that you take your dog to the vet for a general health check. Make sure that all his vaccinations are upto date aswell and bring the shot records with you. You need to have health certificate for airline travel.
Another thing you need to do is bring along your dogs regular food and also bring some bottled up water. And of course if your dog needs any medication you need to make sure taht you bring it along.
A crate is a perfect way to keep your dog safe if you are traveling by car. If you are traveling by plane, a crate is required. It is also very good to have if your staying at a hotel to make sure that he stays out of trouble.
Crates can be bought from most pet stores, when you go to buy one this is what you should look for:
- It needs to be big enough for your dog to be able to standup turn around and lie down
- The bottom should be leak proof and covered with absorbent material
- It needs to be strong and sturdy with handles and grips. And there should be no interior protusion.
- Place a comfortable mat inside the crate along with your dogs favorite doy and a water bottle and you are ready to go
Here is a few top rated crates that fill all the criterias needed for a good crate.
Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate
There is always a risk that your dog might get away from you. Therefore you need to make sure that you increase the chances of recovery in case it happens.
- First of make sure that you have a strong leash and collar. On the collor you should have a name tag with your dog’s name, your name, your phone number and proof of rabies shots (You can get one right here)
- If you don’t have a micrchip on your dog, consider getting one. Identification becomes alot easier.
- Have a good recent picture of your dog with you or on your phone. For identification purposes
With the most important things covered you are ready to get travelling with your dog! Click below to see some magical places that you and your dog can travel to!